Friday, May 9, 2014

Some Soccer Stats

Stats:

final score from last game: 3-3 (tie)
goals by me: 0
assists: 1!
new best time (running): 20 minutes
photos taken: 82
projects planned: 3
time spent outside: a lot.
mood: encouraged!
learning: to stop wallowing in self-inflicted depression


Weekly Update:

I think the theme of this week has definitely been encouragement. As I started talking to people about finishing school, the word "depressed" creeped into my vocabulary, but I think just using that word was making me feel more depressed than I actually had license to be because everyone I talked to was sooo encouraging about the next steps moving forward and how daunting the future can be. This week, I felt really affirmed in my character as a person through Bethany's gift and the blessings we bestowed on one another on the last night of youth group. Others, like Jake and Josh and Miss Colleen and my coworkers encouraged me not to feel down about the future. I'm trying to stay engaged and involved in life, participating in the things that excite me and make me happy (like soccer!), connecting with people, and pursuing personal growth. Some days are definitely harder than others. Sometimes, I feel so...bored. But I am trying to embrace this time of rest for what it is before life returns once more to a constant state of busyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!