Friday, May 30, 2014

Battling the Blues



Stats:

miles driven: 126
highest temperature: 104 degrees F
early mornings: 6
days Jake's been gone: 10
days until Jake comes back: 7
pages written (to Jake): 30
mood: a little melancholy
learning: to be more present
highlights: ColorVibe, dinner with Jake's parents, breakfast at LeBuzz with Melissa,
Mom and Dad coming home

Weekly Update:

This week was tough. The beginning of the week seemed to inch by excruciatingly slowly. And I ran out of yardwork and housework to do. All I can think about is Jake in France. My heart exists somewhere between here and there, fluttering between time zones and always counting the 9 hour difference. But Mom and Dad are home again and we are hurtling toward the weekend and subsequently toward Jake's return next weekend. Some days I feel like a ghost, wandering around this town, but not really here. Still, I am trying my best to be present and focus on the moment I am in whether it's having a good heart-to-heart talk in a coffee shop or sitting at my desk and queuing up posts for this blog or even just enjoying a good meal. It's easier when I'm with people, but I must admit, I am struggling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!