Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Feeling So Blessed


Today, I think I received one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me. (If not number one, it's definitely in the top ten!) A great big sketchbook arrived in the mail today from my friend Bethany, a long running friend of mine who used to live here before she moved away. I thought to myself, "Cool a new sketchbook!" with a twinge of guilt for all the other unused sketchbooks and notebooks I own. But when I opened it, I realized the sketchbook was already full! 


It was a "Life" book, brimming with miscellaneous fliers, to-do lists, scraps of poetry and sermon notes and class notes and chicken scratchings and letters and doodles and original Starbucks recipes.


 I was so blessed reading through it this morning! What a beautiful, transparent, funny, interesting snapshot of life! I was humbled, encouraged, cheered up, and inspired that this special notebook had been in the works for me for several months (Since September!). Bethany had told me about her project awhile back, but I never expected that I would be the recipient of such a gift!


For sure, the highlight of the week! And now I feel inspired to start my own "life" book to bestow upon another. Just don't mind me while I sit over here and sigh nostalgically all day, dreaming up thoughts and ideas and feeling oh so very blessed by the friends God has put in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!