Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Transfer Troubles: Update

A few weeks ago, I mentioned my frustrations with credit transfer in this post. The drama unfolds in this episode, "The Most Recent Developments."

After being rescheduled twice, I finally talked to my academic advisor and the verdict is.... *drumroll*

Nothing.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do about the situation. My advisor said I can try to appeal it by emailing the dean's office, but the way they evaluate credit is based on what the equivalent courses offered at their institution would be. So she is not very optimistic about them granting the appeal. However, I must try, or my spirits will not be at rest. Who knows, maybe they could grant it anyways?

The good news is that I have a little more time than I thought I did to finish any additional classes I might have to take. The official graduation date may be a little later, but I can still attend the commencement ceremony in September 2014 if I finish my coursework by July 2014. Knowing that I have 3 more months than I originally anticipated does make me feel better about the work I have ahead of me. It may take me longer, but at least I can go at a more relaxed pace.

I'm staying positive about this! Tune in next time to hear my (hopefully) happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!