Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Inksanity Reunion

LtoR: Me, Sydney, Sabina, Kristin, and Marie

Things got pretty crazy last week at Inksanity's first reunion! Unfortunately, Nicole was unable to make it, so it was not a full reunion, but Marie was in town for Thanksgiving break! She came back just in time for the end of NaNoWriMo which, of course, meant all night writing and giggles! I could only stay until about 2am, but they were tweeting and word-warring all night long in the final push for 50,000 words.

I did not make it this year, but in light of my course-load, I significantly lowered my expectations for the global month-long write-a-thon. Total, I wrote about 8,000 words on two short stories (one of which may be featuring here this December) and probably another 12-15,000 words on school-related assignments. I have fully come to terms with my "failure," because I realize it is not so much a failure at writing, as it was a failure to recognize my schedule limitations. But it was fun and now I have two short stories that I didn't have before!

Sabina and Marie love pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!