Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tell Me Your Story: Part 2

See Part 1 Here




I almost retitled this post, "That guy in New York." But I thought I'd keep this post in line with the stories theme I've seen emerging lately. Not just in Part 1, listed above, but also in some of the other things that have been on my mind lately. (Sister Africa's story for example).

A few weeks ago, not long after I posted my tidbit on asking about people's stories,  I saw an interview of a New York photographer on Yahoo. Brandon Stanton runs a photo-blog over at Humans of New York where he posts the images of the people he photographs.



I include this video in this "series" because photos tell stories. I think what Brandon is doing is really neat. After he snaps the photo, he asks them about their life. Some of the quotes he hears are so moving. Check it out if you got a minute.

"Rainy Day Woman #1" by Paulo Carillo used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-alike-Noncommercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!