Friday, December 20, 2013

Semester's End Stats



Stats:

Semester: OVER!!!
Papers: finished and submitted!!
Brain power: 65%
Days until Christmas: 5
Mood: strangely quiet
Learning: to celebrate the victories even when you don't feel like it
Christmas parties so far: 5
Christmas parties ditched: 1
Presents wrapped today: 10
Percentage bought today: 70%
Looking Forward to: Christmas!!

Well, papers are submitted, the semester is over, and strangely, I didn't feel the same sense of satisfaction that I expected to feel. Somehow I thought I would feel a little more...triumphant. In my head I imagined myself crossing the great finish line with teeth barred in exertion! raining sweat with a flick of my head, but no. It wasn't like that at all. There were no tears, no yelling, no cheerleaders to greet me at the finish line... Alas, the semester is over and I cannot let myself feel too disappointed about this.

This morning, however, the excitement for Christmas hit me full force! No school! Sleeping in! Dad has the day off work! We're watching cartoons on TV like Saturday mornings!! It felt so good! Dad took us Christmas shopping where I finished all my present buying exactly one day before the biggest shopping day of the year. Then I came home and wrapped them all while watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and drinking coffee and eating popcorn- which may or may not have been the only sustenance I've consumed all day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!