Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve on Mt. Lemmon


It is usually our custom to go up on Mt. Lemmon to play in the snow every year on Christmas Eve. This year, however, Dad had to work and he couldn't take us, so we went up by ourselves! There was not very much, but the snow was compact-ible enough for snowballs and snowmen. But mostly, we just hung out and kicked around the fluffy stuff. We also brought Dad's nice camera for higher quality pictures. Unfortunately, we are not high-quality photographers, but we manged to get a number of good photos!




Ever since I learned the rule of thirds, I've been trying to incorporate it into my pictures. So far, it's going okay. I could probably learn a lot from a basic photography class!




The three of us had fun though, and that's all that matters. This evening, we had our Christmas Eve service where my Mandolin debuted for my favorite folksy Christmas song, "Oh What a Beautiful City." Cam and I sang with the Coffin family and it all sounded so beautiful!! That family is a regular choir! We had 50 people turn out to the service, making it our most successful since we began! Numbers aside, I think the most precious part is singing carols together. What a great way to close out the night before celebrating Christ's birth tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!