Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rattlesnake Cafe


A few weeks ago on our morning stroll, Mom and I passed this little coffee shop and I thought to myself, "Ooh! I need to try that!" I love trying new things and finding new haunts to frequent (plus breaking the "norms" of every day life!). So this morning, I took my mentee Katie there and we had an awesome time catching up over coffee at a little table in the back.

It was such a pleasant morning out--kind of grey and overcast, threatening rain, but we didn't see so much as a sprinkle. A perfect day for driving the Miata with the top down! (I've been practicing with the stick shift and I'm starting to get the hang of it well enough to drive it by myself.) I busted out the first long sleeves of the season! Last night, I tried wearing a winter coat at the park, but I think I pulled it out a little prematurely. Soon, my fluffy white coat, I will wear you with pride!

We went early, so the atmosphere was a little dead, but it quickly livened up as we nursed our drinks. There was a book club of some sort right next to us and they would burst out with roars of laughter now and then. Once more people trickled in, the shop became bubbly and friendlier. It's kind of on the expensive side (as most local shops I've found are), but my vanilla latte was the best! I will totally be going back there, perhaps with my laptop and schoolbooks in tow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!