Friday, October 11, 2013

666 Stats from the Week of Hell

Here are the Stats:

hours studied (avg./day): 5-6
cups of coffee consumed: 3
hours of sleep (avg./night): 9
Word documents created: 5
brain power: 82%
stress level: medium
hours to edit my Inksanity video: 5
reading: Pale Fire by Vladimir Nobokov
mood: mostly optimistic/excited
learning: to edit my assignments before turning them in
looking forward to: Tucson Meet Yourself cultural festival!
highlight of the week: IM-ing Maike (who is all the way in China) on Skype

Last Sunday, Mom asked me what my week looked like and upon opening my planner, my eyes bulged a little bit. "It's going to be a hell-week." I thought to myself. Although you know what? It hasn't been as bad as I thought. Yes, it has been crazy, full of busy days and lots of studying, but I think I'm starting to get the rhythm down. 

I've been focusing on finding a good balance between work and leisure time and I've gotten to work on a few personal projects on the side (none of which are noteworthy to mention specifically here). Jake offered me this little gem, this week, "Enjoy the fruit of your labor, because it is the gift of God" from Ecclesiastes. We were talking about how interesting it is that God connects work/labor with enjoyment. Balance is definitely something I can strive for in this area of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!