Monday, October 28, 2013

Evolution of my Planner

In case you were wondering about my epic time management skills, I will let you in on a little secret: I am not that great at time management. I wouldn't call myself a reckless time-waster either, but some days are better than others. I've found more and more, that I live and die by my planner. If it's not in there, it doesn't happen. (I've missed several important appointments due to slight oversights in this regard.)

At the beginning of the week, my planner looks like this:




By the end of the week, it looks like this:



As you can see, my planner is an evolving documentation of my life. As tasks become finished or moot, they get crossed off. Ongoing tasks (like reading) get checked off. Unfinished tasks get rewritten and moved. I think I get about 90% of what I write down finished, as far as assignments go. The percentage differs when it comes to "fun" stuff like hobbies, personal projects, and chores. But there it is--the secret to my success: My Planner. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much. I have a strong connection with my planner. I have one brand of multicolored pens that I use and I color code everything. One color for blog stuff, another for meal planning, another for work stuff, another for birthdays, another for Daniel's stuff, etc. I love it so. But, my planner follows a very similar evolution to yours...it's just more like a bag of Skittles exploded across my week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!