Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fresh Starts for Fall

Most people look forward to the end of high school, because it is the beginning of something new. With fresh young faces and their fledgling dreams tucked under their arm, they are launched into the next chapter of life: college.

I never really got that launch.

I definitely got the end of high school, though there are few pictures to prove it; but the line between high school and college was slowly blurred and blended until there was no way to distinguish one from the other. I am sincerely grateful for my experience with CollegePlus and the bounty of opportunities it has afforded me, but sometimes, I regret that my blurry transition was not as fresh and crisp as that which my peers are currently in the midst of.

Nevertheless, the onslaught of fall still seems to represent a clean slate. Though I am less than 6 months away from obtaining my Bachelor's degree in English, I still feel like it's time to start over. It's time for things to be different. It's time to shake up my life a little bit.

So, I've been going to college group. I've taken my studies beyond my desk--usually outside or to Starbucks. I've taken up casual art journal-ing. And now, I'm giving blogging another chance. My old blog was great for the four years I had it (four years!), but a new chapter calls for something new.

I want this blog to be:

  • a canvas for my meandering thoughts
  • snippets and snatches of everyday life
  • fragments of beauty
  • a fresh start for fall.


With that, I present you:
Misha's Meanderings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!