Friday, January 31, 2014

Tweakin' Things

Stats:
hours studied today: 5
brain power: dwindling
thesis: 37%
articles read: 8+
inches of hair chopped: 7
learning: how literary theory applies to autobiography
looking forward to: SOCHI 2014!!
highlight: new haircut!

Weekly Update:

I was tweakin' a lot of things this week. You've probably already noticed the pretty changes I made to the blog, but I also cut my hair!!


I'm so so happy with the way it turned out! I feel like a fresher, happier version of me.

Academically, this week hasn't been super great for me. I've had a lot of work to do for my project, but not the motivation to do it. Last week I compiled all my citation information and this week I've been slogging through the process of reading them all. Next time, I think I'll start the reading process a lot sooner. It's only hard because the material is often so dense with highly specialized vocabularies that it takes extra time to comprehend the material (and then I have to summarize it and write about it.) Plus, yesterday I decided to tweak my research approach, which could potentially eliminate a good chunk of the articles I've already located (and also read). I'm trying not to stress too much about it. It will be fine in the end, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!