Friday, August 8, 2014

More Exciting News

This morning's breakfast
Stats:

journal entries: 7/7
students: 13
movies watched: 4
hours spent in Starbucks: 5
lessons planned: 15%
feeling: excited and overwhelmed
reading: Radical by David Platt
learning: it's okay to not know what I'm doing
highlights: Jake is acting for Gaslight theater! Having old friends over for dinner, meeting my students!
goals for this week: 1) finish Radical by the first day of school 2) send out an overdue package 3) finish planning the first quarter

Weekly Update: 

Since I posted about meeting my students yesterday, there isn't much to report in the form of this weekly update. But we had the privilege of hosting dinner for a few friends visiting from Santa Rosa. There was a lot of catching up to do amidst much laughter, story-telling, and great food!

In other news this week, Jake has accepted a position with Gaslight theater as an understudy!! Gaslight is a long-running playhouse here in Tucson, known for their dinner-and-a-show style comedy theater. We went and saw one of their shows, "Ghost Blasters" on Tuesday. Everyone there is very talented and I am confident that Jake will make an excellent addition to their team! (and I'm only a little biased.) We are both very excited for this opportunity for him to continue acting.

Next week, I'll be doing a lot of lesson-planning and miscellaneous tasks in preparation for the first day of school on August 18th(!!!!) Stay tuned to find out how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!