Friday, August 22, 2014

1st week of School!

Stats:

inches of rain: 3
goals scored: 2!!!!!
assists: 1
hours spent at school: 5
reading: To Kill A Mockingbird
listening to: Walk Off the Earth
learning: the value of evaluating and adjusting, the importance of good work/life balance
highlights: reading, receiving a letter in French! (pictured above), grading student introductions
looking forward to: Road trip over Labor Day Weekend!!!

Weekly Update:


Before I begin, can we first take a moment of appreciation for the delectable aesthetic in this picture? All those natural tans and browns... Mmm mm. Delicious. I just finished reading Carpe Diem last night and I found it a very charming read! Post pending.

The first week of school has passed relatively smoothly, despite one parent complaint over the amount of homework I assigned, which caused me some additional stress. It really was an honest mistake. Thankfully, everything has been smoothed over for now and I conceded to be more conscientious in the future. So far, my favorite part has been grading papers! Not because I like to wield a red pen to and fro, but because I enjoy reading their work and commenting on it. Since we only have so much time in class, I am beginning think that it will be through grading papers that I will have the greatest impact on these students, in the ways I correct and comment on them.

Not sure if there will be any stats next week since mon frère et moi will be ROAD-TRIPPING!!!!! Over Labor Day weekend, we are heading up to Grandma Ingrid's in Durango, CO. I'm hoping it'll be a good sibling bonding trip and I'm already shopping iTunes for some good driving music. Stay tuned for our adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!