Saturday, August 30, 2014

Arrival

via Gratisography
I am pleased to report that I successfully navigated the 10 hour trip from Tucson to Durango, CO with relatively few difficulties. Of course there were a few mishaps ("Cameron! Which exit do I take? Cameron! Is this it? Cameron!!") and close calls (exceeding 80 mph in a 65 speed limit to pass a car while driving across a dotted yellow line) but otherwise the trip was uneventful. I couldn't have done it without Cameron acting as my copilot/navigator/DJ/secretary.



We only stopped three times along the way: once halfway through Salt River Canyon for a stretch break and photo opp, again in Show Low for gas, and lastly in Gallup for some food and a quick power nap.

Salt River Selfie!
For most of the trip, we alternated album picks: Of Monsters and Men, Walk of the Earth, and tons of Mix CDs that Jake burned for us.


Unfortunately, the wi-fi signal here is less than desirable and I am temporarily operating from a Mac computer (which I do not know how to work in the slightest) so I will have to give a more complete update (with all the pictures!) at a later time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!