Monday, August 18, 2014

Gettin' My Teacher-Game On!

All things considered, the first day of school went relatively smoothly! Of course, I am learning a lot as I go and constantly evaluating and adjusting my teaching. (For instance, I don't know how much more utterly silent independent work we will be doing in class, as it was only somewhat productive and I didn't know what to do with myself during the time. Independent-time might come back, but only on rare occasions, I'm thinking.) I've also learned the necessity of communicating with the utmost clarity and have been virtually kicking myself for several things I neglected to mention in class. Regardless of my faults though, the students are all very courteous and it was a pleasure to read their first papers--a simple introduction I assigned before school began. I can already tell it's going to be an excellent year and I am going to be learning a lot about what it means to be a teacher!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!