Saturday, July 19, 2014

In Black and White




Jake needed some new headshots for a theater company he auditioned for this weekend and guess who he entrusted to do it! Me! And it was my first time practicing black and white photography!

Here are some of my favorites from the impromptu photo shoot on our back porch: 





These are the two he ended up using:




And Voila!  My second try taking portraits! (See my first attempts here). I feel like such a pro! Jake is a somewhat challenging subject to photograph, perhaps because the camera lens does not do justice to the variety and animation of his facial expressions. In any case, I am pleased with the results of this particular shoot and while not every picture came out, we got the picture(s) we needed, plus a few more! I love this guy, so I’m sure there will be more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!