Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July



For the 4th of July, instead of celebrating in red, white, and blue, our yard was decorated in all colors of the rainbow in honor of Miss Jessica's 50th birthday!


There were streamers and balloons, and mason jars full of flowers! (planned and executed by yours truly!)



5 bouquets, $30, a trip to/from TJ's, and 7 mason jars later, mom and I were feeling like proper flourists with our arrangements! I couldn't contain my excited squeals of "They're so beautiful!!!!" I'll spare you the excess photography on the subject. 


Jessica was so surprised!

I played photographer most of the night, brushing up on my skills. I took about 400 photos all told! I was trying to focus on capturing moments rather than mass groups of people. Because nobody wants to view 400 pictures that look like this:



So without further ado, here are some of the highlights of the party:














A lot of the photos were duds (overexposed or super blurry because I was on the AV setting instead of TV, for any photographers out there. Now I know!), but I got plenty of amazing shots which made me feel like a total pro! All in all, the party was a grand success and I think all involved had a pleasant time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!