Friday, November 29, 2013

In the Black: Stats

hours spent with Jake: approx 35
pictures taken: 0
hours spent in lines: 0
food consumed: a lot
thankful for: laughter
reading: Ake: The Years of My Childhood by Wole Soyinka
brain power: 78%
NaNoWriMo: failed
learning: Psalm 19
looking forward to: listening to Christmas carols
not looking forward to: Jake leaving
highlight of the week: sharing highlights on Thanksgiving

Weekly Update:

Melissa and I usually have a tradition of Black Friday Shopping at Target (and truthfully, I do enjoy the whole "Black Friday experience") but we decided to skip it this year because neither of us had anything particularly pressing to purchase. 

Of course, I've been enjoying my time with Jake this week. Even when we've run out of things to "catch up" on, we still manage to find things to talk about. Most of our week has been spent talking, playing music, taking walks, and working on homework. It's not a bad life. I've been trying to relax, even though the homework due this weekend makes it hard. The time is passing me by too quickly. The end of the semester (and the three conference papers I have due then) will be here before I know it and I find more and more I am not ready for it. 

Tonight, I'm hanging out with the Inksanity crew for the final NaNoWriMo push before tomorrow night. I kind of failed at NaNoWriMo this year. I knew I wouldn't reach 50,000 words, but even the small goal I set for myself was too much. Oh well. Better luck next year. I've pretty much given up at this point (or to put it nicely, "realized my limitations") but tonight, I have a couple short stories to work on, so I can hang out with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!