Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Stats

Classes: 1/2 way point
Days until I see Jake: 18
How badly I miss him: pretty badly!
Brain capacity: 63%
Stress level: dangerous
Assignment quality: going down
Hours worked this week: 9+
Looking forward to: classes being over, hanging out with Nicole tonight!
Writing: Conference paper
Reading: Dora: A Case of Hysteria by Sigmund Freud
Favorite song: "Everything You Do" We is He
Needing: a break
Highlight: losing soccer to a 5 year old

Weekly Update:

I've spent the week sleeping late and recovering from the much-needed visit from Jake last weekend and am still trying to get back into the groove of things. I've been feeling really stressed out this week because my schedule has been so screwed up. Between easing back into everyday life without Jake (Man! That makes me so sad to type that), a few short notice appointments, and extra hours of work, the planner part of my brain has been freaking out. I've been studying at odd hours and I'm hitting the halfway point in this semester so school stress is escalating. I've noticed that in all my classes, hitting the halfway point has been met with an unwarranted amount of stress, so I've been skipping college group and home group to study at night. It's tough sometimes, but you do what you need to.

I've been finding it hard to stay positive, but that is not to say there aren't sweet moments. Jake is good at turning my thoughts toward positive things when he asks me about my highlight of the day. Highlights this week include: 3 phone calls with Jake, reconnecting with a friend from Capstone, core groups on Wednesday, and playing soccer with my favorite five-year-old friend! Tonight, I will be taking a break to catch up with my good friend Nicole over fast food or sushi. (Touch choice, right?) We haven't decided yet, but I am looking forward to it!

I hope wherever you're at, you are able to find some small gem in your day/week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!