Friday, November 15, 2013

Cartwheels and Stats

cumulative word count: 12,000+
days until I see Jake: 10!
hours spent on the phone with Jake: 8 hr 36 min (that's kind of embarrassing)
tough Days this week: 3
feeling: exhausted
brain capacity: 65%
reading: "The Yellow Woman" by Leslie Marmon Silko
writing: Feminist criticism on TYW and Sigmund Freud
learning: that I can do a cartwheel!
nervous about: teaching this weekend
highlight: decaf coffee from Starbucks


Weekly Update:

This weekend is CCC's girl's retreat! Any moment now, we will be heading up the mountain for a day and a half of food, fun, and precious precious girl time! The thing I am most excited and most nervous about is--I will be teaching during the devotion time!! Our theme is "Controlling Emotions" and I typed up my notes this week with pretty pink fonts and everything. It's kind of amazing: I was never a girly-girl when I was younger; now I really like the dresses and frills and nail polish and pink/purple combinations! I am hoping to post a recap of the retreat later this weekend.

On Wednesday, I learned that I know how to do a cartwheel! This may not seem like huge news, but really, it is. For the longest time, I was convinced I couldn't do it (probably because the last time I tried, I made a complete fool of myself). But Wednesday, Katie was practicing and she said, "You do it, Misha!" So, I tried and I didn't feel like I did that well, so I just stopped. Later after Katie made valiant attempt after attempt, I said, "Notice how I haven't done it since the first time?" And she said, "Yeah, but you did it right the first time!"

"I did?"

In that moment a whole dawn of unrealized childhood dreams illuminated my face with angelic brightness, "I did!" So I tried another cartwheel. I swear, it is like magic. And addiction. Addicting magic! I feel like I have some kind of super-power now and this weekend you can be assured that I will be shouting from the Mountaintop, "I CAN DO A CARTWHEEL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!