Sunday, March 9, 2014

Too Old for Tea Parties?


Fact: Ladies are never too old for tea parties!


 I'm not usually one to throw birthday parties, but this year, I decided to throw a little tea party to celebrate my 19th birthday! I spent about a week and a half planning out all the details from table settings to menu to a special classical music playlist. I had such a lovely time, both putting it together and enjoying the company of my friends over afternoon tea. Definitely a memorable experience and probably one of my favorite birthday celebrations thus far! Enjoy the beautiful photos from a beautiful day:









A note about the cake: in case you are wondering, I made it myself! Isn't it beautiful? I found the inspiration on Pinterest (before I gave it up for Lent) for the ombre layers on the inside and then I piped ruffles on the outside edges with a simple buttercream frosting. I was a little nervous about how the layers would turn out when I made the first cut, but it couldn't have been better! It was a time-consuming endeavor, but well-worth the surprise effect and the marvel of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!