Friday, March 14, 2014

Out and About

Stats:

time until Jake gets home: < 5 hours!
days Jake will be here: 10!
thesis: 90% complete!
walks with Mom this week: 5
nights away from home: 5
feeling: better
learning: not to worry about the future too much
highlights: tea party, watching Thumblina, soccer



Weekly Update:

Since the disappointment I was suffering on Monday, my week has gotten better (as I knew it would). Jake gets in tonight, which I am very excited about. He'll be here all week for spring break. And I've made a lot of progress on my Thesis! I am wrapping up the final chapter today and over the next two weeks, I'll be putting it all together in one document and editing it for consistency! I am so excited! The hard part is done and it's all coasting from here.

I also got out of the house a lot this week: walks with mom, college group frisbee, pick-up soccer in the park... It's great to be active again. Yesterday, I went to the park for a game of pick-up soccer--nothing too competitive, just for fun. We didn't have enough people for a full game, but we kicked the ball around and played the soccer version of "monkey in the middle." I found the group through meetups.com and at first I was a little worried that they might be creepy (since you never know with people you meet on the internet), but they were all really friendly and encouraging, even though they were clearly more experienced than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!