Thursday, March 27, 2014

I am a Runner!

After playing soccer in the park last week, I suddenly possessed the urge to run... as in to start running. On a regular basis. Why? Have I ever run in my life? Do I enjoy long-distance running? Do I like torturing myself? Do I like feeling sore? Do I like ripping my lungs out of my chest? No. I want to run because I love soccer and I want to get better at it. Call me crazy; I won't be offended, because I am (crazy, not offended). My first interval run was a little pathetic as far as I was concerned. I did 5 intervals of 1 minute running with 3 minutes walking before I gave up and walked the rest of the way home from the park.

Jake's mom mentioned that they were all running a 5K in May because Joe's girlfriend Kaylee has never run one before (I haven't either, but I didn't mention it.) A 5K, huh? How much is a 5K? 3.1 miles. 3.1 miles? I could do that... So I put the worm in my dad's ear to see if he would do it with me; at first, he said no, but after a couple days of thinking about it, he caved. 

And now, me and my dad are training for a 5K together. Say whattt??? Even I am still pretty stoked about the whole thing. We've been using the Couch to 5K plan and the first week of interval-runs we've done has been great so far! I ain't even tired (yet)! Really though, it feels really great to get active again. I've spent the last couple years locked away in my room, chained to my desk slaving over academic drudgery (speaking of which, big update coming soon!). But I'm getting to a point where I can go out and play hard without feeling too guilty. It's pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!