Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Again



Stats:

pictures with Jake: 23+ (I think there's more, but I can't find them)
trips to Starbucks: 3
trips to RR: 3
happiness: extra high
sleep cycle: still normal
feeling: generous and happy
reading: Radical by David Platt 
learning: how to bake Baklava!, I need to rethink my definition of "greatness"
highlights: Jake coming home, hearing all about France, visiting Kristina while she was sick, free-writing, baklava

Weekly Update:

Well! It's Friday and yes it is very hot in Tucson (consistently over 100 degrees) the sun is shining and it's summer and Jake is home again, and once more life is starting to feel sunny and bright. Of course, it is wonderful to have him back again. We spent the first night just being together and trying to catch up,but knowing at the same time that it would take us a while to fully catch up. A lot of life happens in two weeks. Of course I feel like there are still many things which I still haven't told him and vice versa, but I trust they will come in due time.

This week, I've been working hard and playing harder and of course spending quite a lot of time with my love. I'm still making time for my other friends though. Yesterday, there was baklava and today, a few of my girl friends are coming over to play cards and hang out. Earlier this morning, I went grocery shopping to pick up some sandwich stuff and I couldn't help a little spring in my step as I waltzed into my favorite bakery--the Boulangerie for some rolls and then popped over to Sunflower for some fruit and cucumbers. I don't know what it was, but I felt like showering everyone I encountered with smiles today. Must be summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!