Friday, June 27, 2014

FIFA Takes Over My Life

Stats:

watching: soccer
games watched: 15+
recipes tried: 4
mood: obsessive
listening to: Gungor radio
learning: prepare all your food before you cook it, html/css coding,
highlights: SOCCER, texting Maike, baking, hanging with Jake, reading Gyver's Shack 

Update:

I have been watching an embarrassing number of soccer games from the World Cup, but I love it! And I am becoming a regular soccer expert! Who am I routeing for? USA of course!! (We watched the nail-biting USAvPortugal game at Buffalo Wild Wings and it was so intense! I love being surrounded by USA fans though. USA fans are crazy... Crazy, but awesome. And I'm one of them!) I'm also routeing for France, not just because I'm learning the language, but the French team is actually really good and I think they might have a chance of getting pretty far this year, if not all the way. I was cheering for England because I watched a lot of the English leagues with Josh earlier this semester so I felt like I knew all the guys; but they were knocked out of Group stage pretty early on. Disappointing, England. I know you can do better! And if all my teams get knocked out, there's always Brazil, the host country! We'll see!

Soccer has literally taken over my life (or at least 4-6 hours of it every day). I find myself rearranging my schedule to catch games! Kind of funny, but I'm totally serious right now. But in other news, Cam has been gone at summer camp this week so the house has been awfully quiet. And Jake has been working full-time directing a theatre camp for kids so he's been pretty busty too. But we get our time in here and there. We caught up over coffee earlier this week and yesterday I brought him lunch and hung around the CYT office. I'm not terribly fond of the lack of communication, but I think the space is a good thing. Meanwhile, I've been hanging out at home, working, watching soccer, and teaching myself computer coding via Codecademy. (It's pretty awesome! Check it out if you're interested in learning that kind of thing.) That's pretty much my life right now. But it's about to get really exciting with the South Tucson missions trip coming up and then Royal Family Kid's Camp right after! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!