Friday, June 6, 2014

Days until Jake returns: 1

Stats:

days Jake has been gone: 16
days until Jake gets home: 1
days until I see Jake: 3
pages written while he was gone: 55
pages read: 91
currently reading: The Shack by WM. Paul Young
learning: where I am right now is OKAY for me to be. A lot happens in two weeks. 
highlights: talking to Milea, making a French roast chicken, spending time with friends
looking forward to: soccer game tomorrow, exchanging our letters

Weekly Update:

A lot of the posts this week were pre-scheduled so while I'm still wrestling a lot with discontentment, figuring out the future, and how my private desires fit in with God's plan, I can feel myself coming out on the other side through the encouragement of my friends. I'm learning that where I am right now is okay for me to be. I don't have to be anywhere else but here. Not in Paris. Not in Orlando (internship). Not in South America (teaching English). Or wherever. I'm still wrestling for sure, but I'm learning to trust God too.

Jake will be Stateside tonight! The few texts we've been able to exchange this week and last through iMessage have been a true Godsend, making the weeks feel a little more bearable. It will be good to have him home again. He flies in to San Diego tonight and then he and Josh will be driving back into Tucson over the weekend. I'll probably see him on Sunday. That's all for this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!